If you are clearly in between sizes we recommend the following, when choosing the size of your bottom contact wear:
- Sizes XS-M/L: take the bigger size.
- Sizes M/L and up: take the smaller size.
Sizes that are listed as “on backorder” are currently not in our usual stock and will be produced by request when ordered. This will not influence the price of the product. However, it will influence the order process time as the products will be handmade with love in Finland. Find out more about the ordering process time on our Ordering & Payment page.
The padding that is best suited for you depends on your athletic needs. Check out these padding tips to find out what the different pads protect you from:
- Hip Bones: For sporty spaghettis that suffer from bruises on pointy hip bones.
- Hip Side: For those typical skating falls to the side — on the track, in the park, on the ice or on the slope.
- Tailbone: You know what this one is good for — another typical spot skaters tend to fall on.
- Additional Tailbone: If you are recovering from a tailbone injury or tend to land on your butt a lot…we’ve all been there.
- Lower Back: avoid the pain back blocks and tracking your opponent can cause
- Upper Bum: if you tend to fall more on the back than the side then this upper bum protection will keep you unbruised.
- Thigh: Prevent those numbing deadlegs. Works especially well for jammers but also BMX riders and other athletes.
- Knee Pads/Gaskets: Give your tender knees some extra cushioning and keep your knee pads from slipping off.
- Shins: Protect your shins from those painful low kicks.
You can also check out our comparison table of our ready-made models to see which bottoms have what type of padding.